Here in our Two Year Old Provision, we aim to provide a quality teaching and learning environment that is committed to raising standards and ensuring appropriate challenge for all children. We aim to develop and foster positive attitudes towards learning, confidence, communication and physical development.
Our provision offers morning or afternoon sessions which children are expected to attend daily.
Children have whole group and small group times which include a story and rhyme of the week and adult led focus activities in all areas of learning, including 1:1 shared reading time and outdoor physical activities and learning.
We plan a balance between children having time and space to engage in their own child initiated play activities and those that are planned by adults. During the children’s play, adults interact with the children to stretch and challenge children further.
Parents as Partners
We recognise that parents are the children’s first educators and therefore strive to create and maintain a strong partnership with parents. We welcome and actively encourage parents to participate confidently in their child’s education. We do this through:
• Talking to parents about their child before their child starts in the Two Year Old provision.
• Inviting all parents to look around the provision before their child starts school.
• Encouraging parents to talk to the child’s Key Person if there are any concerns.
• Arranging a range of activities throughout the year that encourage collaboration between child, school and parents: sing-alongs, parents’ meetings to discuss Two Year Old checks and progress.
• Providing parents an opportunity to celebrate their child’s learning and development by using speech bubble memos and wow moments, using online Tapestry Learning Journal.